Please find below Highlights of Union Budget 2021-22.
1. First digital Budget in the history of India
2. Vehicle Scrapping Policy. Vehicle Fitness Test after 20 years in case of Personal vehicle and 15 years in case of commercial vehicles
3. 64,180 crores allocated for New Health Schemes
4. 35,000 crores allocated for Covid Vaccine
5. 7 Mega Textile Investment parks will be launched in 3 years
6. 5.54 lakh crore provided for Capital Expenditure
7. 1.18 lakh crore for Ministry of Roads
8. 1.10 lakh crore allocated to Railways
9. Proposal to amend Insurance Act. Proposal to increase FDI from 49% to 74 %.
10. Deposit Insurance cover (DICGC Act 1961 to be amended). Easy and time bound access of deposits to help depositors of stress banks.
11. Proposal to revive definition of ‘Small Companies’ under Companies Act 2013. Capital less than 2 Cr. and Turnover Less than 20 Cr.
12. Disinvestment: IPO of LIC, Announced Disinvestment of Companies will be completed in FY 2021-22
• Vivad Se Viswas Scheme Last Date of filing extended to 28th February, 2021.
• Citizens of age 75 years and above who have only Pension and Interest income – Need not file Income Tax Returns
• Re-opening of Assessment to reduced to 3 years from 6 years. Only where evidence of concealment of Income of Rs. 50 lakhs or more – re-opening can be made upto 10 years & only with approval of Pr.CCIT.
• Reducing Litigation for small tax payers – Constitution of Faceless Dispute Resolution Panel for people with Total Income upto Rs.50 lakh and disputed income of Rs.10 lakh
• Income Tax Appellate Tribunal to become Faceless – Only electronic communication will be done
• Relaxation to NRIs – Rules to remove hardship of Double Taxation
• Tax Audit Limit to be increased to Rs.10 crores from Rs.5 crores for those having less than 5% cash transactions
• Dividend Tax- Dividend will be exempt from TDS. Advance tax liability on dividend income will arise only after declaration or payment of dividend. For Foreign Investors – lower treaty rate benefit will be given.
• Affordable Housing – Additional Interest deduction (Sec 80EEA) of Rs.1.5 lakhs to be extended for loans taken till 31st March, 2022.
• Affordable Housing Projects – Tax Holiday extended till 31st March, 2022.
• Tax Holiday for Capital Gains for Aircraft Leasing Companies and Tax Exemption to Lease paid to Foreign Persons
• Pre-Filling of Returns – Details of Capital Gains, Dividend Income and Interest income will be pre-filled in the returns
• Relief to Trusts – Charitable trusts running Hospitals and Educational Institutions relief increased from Rs.1 crore to Rs.5 crore.
• Employee contribution not paid by employer will not be allowed as a deduction.
• Tax holiday for Start-Ups extended to 31st March, 2022. Capital Gains exemption on investment in start ups also extended to 31s March, 2022.
MCA, Companies Act, LLP Act
• Easing Compliance requirements of Small Companies – Threshold increased to Share Capital upto Rs.2 crore and Turnover upto Rs.20 crore will be Small Companies
• Allow One Person Companies (OPC) to grow without any restriction in Share Capital or Turnover. NRIs will be allowed to set-up OPCs. Presence in India of 120 days in a year enough to start an OPC.
• Launching MCA Version 3.0 – E-Scrutiny, E-Adjudication and Compliance management to be simplified.
• Decriminalisation of LLP Act, 2008
• Tribunals to be rationalised
Direct and Indirect tax www.myitronline.com
1. Senior Citizens: Reduced Compliance burden. 75 years and above. Proposal not to file ITR if only pension income and interest income.
2. Reduction in time for IT Proceedings: Reopening of Assessments period reduced from 6 years to 3 years except in cases of serious tax evasion cases
3. Proposal to constitute ‘Dispute Resolution Committee’. (Taxable income 50 lakhs and disputed income 10 lakh).
4. National Faceless Income Tax Appellate Tribunal Centre
5. Relaxations to NRI: Propose to notify rules for removing hardship for double taxation.
6. Tax Audit Limit: Proposal of tax audit increased from 5 Cr. to 10 cr. (Only for 95% digitized payments business)
7. Propose to provide relief on advance tax liability on dividend income.
8. Propose to include tax holidays for Aircraft leasing companies
9. Prefiling of returns (Salary, Tax payments, TDS etc.) Details of Capital gains from listed Securities, dividend income, etc. will be prefilled
10. Small Charitable Trusts. Increased from 1 crore to 5 crores (Compliance limit)
11. Late deposit of employee’s contribution by employer will not be allowed as deduction
12. Incentive to startup: Tax holiday exemption for one more year
13. Duties reduced on various textile, chemicals and other products
14. Gold and Silver (BCD reduced)
15. Agriculture Products: Custom duty increased on cottons, silks, alcohol etc.
KRISHNA GOPAL VARSHNEY