1. What is an Aadhaar card?
An Aadhaar card is a twelve-digit unique formation administered by the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India). This is issued to every resident of India. An Aadhaar card is generated by combining the biometric and demographic details of the person such as scanning of eyes and fingerprints. Every citizen of India must have his/her Aadhar card as it is required in most activities at present. This identification proof keeps the transparency and can be used to have the benefit from the government’s schemes run for the welfare of the people. The purpose to bring Aadhaar was to eliminate the corruption of fake and duplication identities. This is mandatory for Indian citizens to have one as It is considered in major activities.
2. Who is eligible For this?
There are eligibility criteria set to have an Aadhaar card such as an individual who is a citizen of India can apply for an Aadhaar card. Baal Aadhaar is for children who are below the age of 5 years. Those Non-residents and foreigners of India who are staying in India at least for 12 months are eligible for this.
Advantages of Aadhaar Card
Let's see the benefits of the Aadhaar card which are mentioned with details below-
- LPG Subsidy-You can avail the benefits of the LPG subsidy under the government scheme DBTL( Direct Benefit Transfer for LPG consumers scheme). This scheme is also known as PAHAL. You need to provide the 12-digit number of your Aadhaar card. Visit your nearest LPG distributor and have your Aadhaar number linked to the Seventy-digit LPG consumer number. The amount of LPG subsidy is directly deposited into your bank account. Another is way to get that link your bank account to your LPG and you will be provided with a direct transfer facility.
- Linking of Voters ID-The Indian Government has given the facility of linking the Aadhaar card number with voter's ID cards to eliminate the False voters. If the AAdhaar number is linked to the Voters ID then no individual can possess more than one voter's ID card.
- Digital locker-As the digitalization in India is increasing rapidly. The Government of India has introduced a digital locker for storing important documents digitally that belongs to the government. Digital locker is entirely safe and secure because it comes under the Indian government. To use the Digital Locker, you just need to sign-up in the digital locker app and link your Aadhaar number with the same. You will get access to the digital locker and can store all necessary documents instead of carrying them physically.
- Open Bank Accounts-Aadhaar card can be used to open a bank account. Banks and other financial institutions require the Aadhaar as an important document for the verification of address proof and photo identification. After the verification process, these banks and financial institutions accept the individual’s service request for opening the bank account.
- Procurement of Passport- Getting a passport is time taking-procedure as it has many steps. The procedures of a passport require many weeks to finish the process and issue your passport in hand. To make this process shorter, an Aadhaar card can play a vital role. If you want to have a passport then you can apply online. Individuals need to attach certain documents such as residence proof and Aadhaar card for identification.
3. How to apply for an Aadhaar card?
Any individual can apply for the card with the help of mentioned steps below-
- Firstly, You need to visit the website of the (UADAI) Unique Identification Authority of India to find the nearest Aadhaar Seva Kendra,
- Secondly, You will see an Aadhaar form on the website. Fill out that Aadhaar form with the required details and documents.
- Thirdly, The applicant has to feed his/her biometric details.
- Fourthly, Click the declaration slip of your Aadhaar card after the process.
- After the successful submission, You will be sent a confirmation of your Aadhaar enrolment process on the registered mobile number or email.
- Lastly, Your Aadhaar card will be delivered to you at your provided address Within the given time.
4. How to download your aadhaar card?
A user can download his/her aadhaar card by the following instructions-
- Individuals need to go to the official website of (UADAI) Unique Identification Authority of India.
- Press on the section of “My aadhaar” and there you will see a tab “download Aadhaar” click on this and you will be redirected to the page where you will be given three options. Make one selection of them.
- After this, You have to enter your aadhaar number, virtual ID, and enrolment ID along with the given captcha. Press on “Send OTP” and you will be sent a one-time password on your registered mobile number.
5. How to Update your card?
Any individual wants to update or edit information in his/her aadhaar card due to two reasons. The first is to change demographic information like name, address, date of birth, etc. and the second is biometric aadhaar data. A user can update necessary information on their card online or offline by visiting an aadhaar enrolment center. Following are the steps to update the aadhaar card online-
- Firstly, You need to go to the official website of (UADAI) Unique Identification Authority of India. Go to the “My Aadhaar” section there you will see a tab “Update Your Aadhaar”.
- Click on the tab of “Update demographics Data online” such as name, address, date of birth, etc. and the second is biometric aadhaar data. Then hit the icon of “Proceed to update Aadhaar”.
- Now, enter the 12-digit unique Aadhaar number, fill out the captcha and click on “Send OTP”. You will get a one-time password on your registered mobile number.
6. How to verify the Aadhaar card?
Following are the instructions to verify the aadhaar card-
- Firstly, You need to go to the official website of (UADAI) Unique Identification Authority of India.
- Go to the section of “My Aadhaar” and there will see an icon with “Aadhaar Services”.
- Hit the button “Verify Aadhaar number”
- Put that 12-digit unique aadhaar number and enter the given captcha correctly and then click on “Proceed to verify”.
7. Things to remember while Updating your Aadhaar card?
It is important to pay attention to every minor detail when updating your aadhaar card. Some of the major details are given below- Filling out the information in small and capital letters is a common mistake that individuals tend to do it. Always fill out Your application in capital letters. Always provide only that mobile number which is currently in use. Write up your full address where your Aadhaar card will be delivered. Do not submit invalid documents or post date information. While filling out an aadhaar application form, make sure you use only one language whether English or Hindi. At last, Go through all the details once again to verify the details.
8. How to apply for a BAAL Aadhaar card?
Any child whose age is below 5 years, is eligible to apply for a BAAL Aadhaar. BAAL Aadhaar card does not require biometrics of a child. If you want to have a BAAL Aadhaar for your child and don't know how to enroll in it, then no more worry. Go through the instructions mentioned below step by step-
- Firstly, You need to visit the website of the (UADAI) Unique Identification Authority of India to find the nearest Aadhaar Seva Kendra.
- You will see an Aadhaar form on the website. Fill out that Aadhaar form with the required details and documents.
- Submit all the required documents such as the child’s birth certificate, and the child's. the photograph will be required, and there will be no need for the child’s biometrics.
- Now, Collect the declaration slip after submitting your document. A verification message will be mailed or delivered to the registered mobile number. The Baal Aadhaar card will be sent to the mentioned address.
Frequently Asked Questions
For how long is the Aadhaar card valid?
An Aadhaar is valid for a lifetime.
How to check my Aadhaar card status?
You can check the status of Your Aadhaar card by logging into the UIDAI website.
How many days will it take to update the details in Aadhaar?
This process usually takes 90 days to update your Aadhaar information.
What can I do If I misplaced my Aadhaar card?
If you have misplaced or lost your Aadhaar Card by mistake then you can get another one. You just need to visit the UIDAI website and download PDF or Aadhaar from there.
What is the Aadhaar customer care number?
If you have any queries related to yourAadhaar, You can contact on the Aadhar customer care number is 1947.
When UIDAI was established?
The UIDAI was established in the year 2016 with a vision of corruption-free governance in India.
What are the documents required for Aadhaar Card?
When applying for the Aadhaar card, you will be required a few documents such as a PAN card and a Certificate of birth for identification proof, and the address proof ( Passport, voter ID card, or Driving license).
Is it mandatory to provide an Aadhaar number for filing my Income Tax returns?
Yes. This is compulsory. It is stated in section 139AA of the income tax act, 1961 “ If an individual wants to file his/her income tax return then they must provide Aadhaar or the enrolment ID if the Aadhaar.
What is required to check aadhaar card status?
You will need an enrolment ID to check your aadhaar card status.
I am an NRI. Can I apply for Aadhaar?
Yes. Any adult, NRI, or a minor who is having a valid Indian passport can apply for an Aadhaar card.
What is the password of an e-Aadhaar?
The password is the first 4 letters of the name and year of birth.
Does the BAAL Aadhaar card require biometrics?
No. The BAAL Aadhaar card does not require biometrics of a child. Parents must submit all the required documents such as the child’s birth certificate and there will be no need for the child’s biometrics.