1. What is the itr filing last date?
The income tax return last date is the 31st of July and the 31st of October for taxpayers whose accounts are subject to audit by which the returns can be filed out without bearing a late fee or penalty. Those Taxpayers who file their return after the itr filing last date will have to pay interest under Section 234A and a penalty under Section 234F. It is necessary for all taxpayers to recall the last date of filing income tax returns on time. The income tax return last date differs on the basis of the category of taxpayers. For example, salaried individuals are usually instructed to file their income tax returns by the 31st of July, and corporates, firms, and organizations are required to conduct audits and can file their returns by the 31st of October of the assessment year until it is augmented by the government.
2. Due dates of Income-tax filing for F.Y. 2021-22
For Hindu Undivided Family/ AOP/BOI/Individuals = 31st July 2022
For business (Required Audit) = 31st October 2022
For businesses (Requiring TP Report) = 30th November 2022
3. Essential income tax return due date filing for F.Y. 2021-22
The income tax department has announced certain income tax return due date that is compulsory to file income tax returns or pay advance tax on time within the specified due dates. We have mentioned below the tax calendar for the financial year 2021-22 (The assessment Year 2022-23).
- The 15th of June due date is for the first installment of refinement tax for the fiscal year 2022-23.
- The 15th of July due date is for those individuals and entities for filing the income tax return who are not liable for tax audit and who have not ever done any international or explicit transaction.
- The 15th of September due date is for the second installment of advance tax for the Fiscal Year 2022-23.
- The 30th September 2022 due date is for the acquiescence of the audit report (Section 44AB) for the assessment year 2022-23 for taxpayers liable for audit under the Income Tax Act.
- 31st October 2022 due date is for the income tax filing for requiring audit (not having international or specified domestic transactions).
- 31st October due date is for the acquiescence of the audit report for the assessment year 2022-23 for taxpayers liable for audit under the Income Tax Act.
- 15th December due date is for the 3rd installment of advance tax for the financial year of 2022-23.
- 31st December due date is to file the revised or late return for the financial year 2021-22.
- 30th November due date is for the income tax filing for requiring audit (not having international or specified domestic transactions).
4. The last date of TDS payment
The last date for TDS payment is mentioned below for the year 2020-21.
|The Month of acquired TDS||TDS Due Date|
|April 2020||7th May 2020|
|May of 2020||7th June 2020|
|June of 2020||7th July 2020|
|July of 2020||7th August 2020|
|August of 2020||7th September 2020|
|September of 2020||7th October 2020|
|October of 2020||7th November 2020|
|November of 2020||7th December 2020|
|December of 2020||7th January 2021|
|January of 2021||7th February 2021|
|February of 2021||7th March 2021|
|March of 2021||7th April 2020|
Moreover, TDS can be deposited every 7th of each month for the payment which is made in the previous month. Regardless, the TDS deducted in the month of March can be furnished by 30th April.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the itr filing last date for ay 2021-22?
The itr filing last date is the 31st of March 2021-22 for the assessment year.
What is the extended date for ay 2021-22?
The income tax return last date of ay 2021-22 has been extended for filing income tax returns till 15th of March 2022.
What if I missed the ITR deadline?
If any individual is unable to file the income tax return at a given date then he/she can file the belated return by the 31st of December 2022 with the imposed penalty.
Is itr filing last date extended?
Yes. The return filing date has been extended till the 15th of March 2022 by the Finance Ministry.
What is ITR?
ITR (Income Tax Return) is a form that taxpayers are supposed to furnish the Income TaxDepartment of India. In this form, All information related to the taxpayer’s annual income and the whole amount of tax to be paid is mentioned along with a refund that needs to be credited for that specific year.
Who has to file ITR?
According to the regulations of income tax laws, Any individual who is earning more than 2,50,000 to 5,00,000 lakh is mandated to pay the tax returns. It helps the Government to operate financial sectors more efficiently.
Is it mandatory to file ITR?
Yes. Filing Income Tax returns is mandatory for all registered taxpayers and any individual who is earning more than 2,50,000 to 5,00,000 lakh is mandated to pay the tax returns.
What is the late fee for filing ITR with a due date?
The late fee for filing ITR is Rs. 5000 with the due date before the 31st of December 2020. However, the late fee for return filing is Rs. 1000 which should not exceed more than this if the net income of the individual is below the Rs.5 lakh.
Can I pay TDS after the due date?
Yes. TDS can be paid after the due date but with a penalty of section 234E.
itr filing last date
income tax return last-date
income tax return due date